lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] Possible DHCP problem or bug?

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] Possible DHCP problem or bug?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:47:24 -0500

Could it be that routers are smart about this?  Or mine is? It seems that it has made the request to change only once and lwIP does make the change.  But if I cycle power with it coming back up at the previous duplicate IP address the router does not request the change again.  We saw it here 3 times on 3 different lwIP systems and now on the 3rd one I can’t get it to duplicate.  I know it changes because I was specifically testing for this case and saw it change because we were suspecting it’s a problem a user is having with a statically configured device colliding on his network.

I’m really saying if there is a problem,  I am having trouble repeating it.

Bill