lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #10474] Different questions

From: EisenkolbThomas
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #10474] Different questions
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 05:31:05 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Hello,

I have a few questions.

1.) It would be very useful for TCP connections to resuse the receive buffer
for the next packet to send. In case of any server model, it would be really
helpful. In most cases our answers are shorter or of the same size as the
requests. Actually you have to give a pointer to your data to the
netconn_write method. Maybe you can create any option to give a pbuf, netbuf
or something else to netconn_write?

2.) I have the problem of a hard fault but I am sure it is my problem. I am
using a custom memory pool and I call mem_malloc from different threads! IS it
allowed to do so or is it possible to give a Lock Functionality for allocation
and freeing of memory?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Thomas