lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] IPv6 development status

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] IPv6 development status
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:24:20 +0100

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 06:24 +0200, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:

> Just a question: would it be possible for you to use 1.4.0rc1 as a
> starting point instead? There have been quite some changes since 1.3.2
> and as I guess you will need to alter non-v6 portions of the stack,
> too, it will be easier to merge that way

Yes, I agree.

Please discuss here the changes you're making as if we can work on
solutions together your implementation will stand more chance of getting
merged into the main code base.

Don't be afraid of throwing away the current IPv6 code and starting from
scratch.  I particularly don't like the current system of having to
choose between IPv4 and IPv6 at compile time.

I think it will take you more than one month!

Kieran