lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Support for multihoming

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Support for multihoming
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:09:58 +0200

"Marcus Bäckman" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does lwip support multihoming, in the context that multiple IP addresses
> are
> binded to the same interface?
>
> If no, how would you estimate the amount of changes needed to archieve
> this
> support?
> Any general ideas how to implement this?

lwIP does not really support this, but my workaround is to create 2 netifs that
have different address but use the same hardware interface for sending. The
only problem is that you need to determine the input netif based on the
packet's destination IP address. For this purpose, I added
LWIP_ARP_FILTER_NETIF some months ago, which can call a user-specified function
to exchange the input netif at ethernet input levelbefore passing packets up
the stack. For me this worked quite well to have 2 IP addresses at the same
time (e.g. to continue using an old address while changing to a new address).

Simon
--
GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome