lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #33128] Socket send() and sendto() do not use bound in

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #33128] Socket send() and sendto() do not use bound interface.
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 05:25:38 +0000

> It seems like the correct solution would be to set the default
> interface based on whether or not the landline is available.

Exactly.

> I guess lwIP doesn't have a SO_BINDTODEVICE ioctl right now; I
> guess that is sort of what we implemented (for the sending
> half). Maybe that would be useful?

Well, it might be useful and there have already been one or two people asking
about it. However, few people really need it. You mainly need something like
this to implement a "discovery" service using sockets. And if you want to
implement this with lwIP, you can still use the UDP raw API (udp_sendto_if()),
so I guess not implementing BINDTODEVICE would fall under the
favour-small-size-over-features rule...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?33128>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/