lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] PPP: request ID is not increasing?

From: narke
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] PPP: request ID is not increasing?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:23:35 +0800

On 30 August 2011 11:14, narke <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see all the outgoing request ID are keep 0x01 and never increase.
> In the code, I can see something something like:
>
>  f->reqid = ++f->id
>
> but the f->id itself does not get changed.
>
> It's intended so?  It's seems it's required to increase the request id
> according to RFC 1661. This also can be confirmed with pppd behavior.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear.  I mean, every time when the code goes
to the above statement, I found (in the debuger) f->id is still 0x00.
And, the result is, observed from my communication log, the request id
is never get increased.

So, what's the possible reason the f->id get reset? And where?

Thanks.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (address@hidden)