lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] ipv6 processing - ip6_input()

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] ipv6 processing - ip6_input()
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 18:22:49 +0200

Enrico Lehmann wrote:
I will look into whether it makes sense to pass on the input netif or
accept netif to ucp/tcp layers.
I think it is necessary to always pass the netif where the adress match
occured, which is not necessarily the input netif.
For example, the nd6_input() uses the passed netif for address checkings. So if
the wrong netif is used, this will fail.

Hmm, I guess that might make sense for IPv4, too: I've always wondered why we check all netifs for accepting packets but then pass on a potentially "wrong" packet to transport layer. OTOH, if the 'inp' is used to send packets (e.g. by calling 'udp_sendot_if()'), then passing the input netif might be required?

I think *if* we change this for IPv6, we should change it for IPv4, too.

Simon