lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #36494] tcp_recved is not called when a remote TCP con

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #36494] tcp_recved is not called when a remote TCP connection is closed
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 22:22:37 +0000

Turns out this can be (is on WinXP) caused by setting SOCKOPT SO_LINGER.  I
didn't know this causes a Reset.

However, my code is handling tcp_err and tcp_recevd callbacks to clean up my
wrapper around a tcp_pcb and the tcp_err callback is not called every time
when the remote resets.  As my code hasn't changed on the PC or target I
believe this behavior is fairly new.  I never got out of sync with my wrapper
in a state with the TCP connection that was open while lwIP knew it was
closed.  This is why I got into this debugging in the first place - I had rare
occurrences of being out of sync - I thought the TCP connection was open while
lwIP had the reset and knew it was closed because of a missed tcp_err
callback.

I believe some testing should be done by others: Resetting the remote
connection and seeing that the tcp_err callback is made every time.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?36494>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/