lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] possible contribution - network driver?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] possible contribution - network driver?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:06:07 +0100

On 7 Jun 2012, at 15:55, Colin Nichols wrote:

> I wanted to ask the larger dev group if this would be a useful contribution?

There are relatively few drivers distributed with lwIP as they are so specific
to each port and hardware.  Those that we do have are a integral part of a port
of lwIP to an OS.  Is the OS you're targetting something that is used by
others, or your own creation?  Is a driver without an OS useful?  Perhaps it
is.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Kieran