lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] sockets without threads?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] sockets without threads?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:20:30 +0100

On 21 Jun 2012, at 17:45, Colin Nichols wrote:
> However, now that the capabilities of the API have grown, I can't help but
> wonder if there might be a more concise, simple implementation based directly
> off the raw API?  I'd be really curious to benchmark such an implementation
> vs the current one in terms of speed, executable size, and memory usage...
> Has anyone ever thought about doing this?  If not -- I might give it a try
> later this summer...

Yes, it has been much thought about and is generally agreed to be a good idea.
I think this is a good place to see where we got to when developers last had
the time and inclination to work on it:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6994

There was much discussion on the mailing lists too if I remember rightly (at
around the same time)

Kieran