lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] sys_arch and possibly internetif_arch

From: Niklas Johansson
Subject: [lwip-devel] sys_arch and possibly internetif_arch
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:22:36 +0200

Hey,

I am new to LwIP so this question might completely stupid.

If I am correct LwIP have a very smart method of "attaching" an "OS" through the use of sys_arch.c and sys_arch.h. In my case FreeRTOS. My feeling is that this method could be used to "attaching" the "board" as well. In my case STM32F4xx.

For some time I was confused over the many ethernetif.c files floating around over all example code I have seen. I therefore propose ethernetif_arch.c arch/ethernet_arch.h. And that the ethernet.c could be rewritten so instead of being a skeleton file could be a "stump".

My hope would be that this would make it easier for users of LwIP to have less files. For example in FreeRTOS there could be good ethernetif_arch files for different ports.

My 2 cents.

Niklas