lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Questions about timers.c and sys_timeout/sys_untimeout

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Questions about timers.c and sys_timeout/sys_untimeout
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:17:17 +0100

Arjuna S wrote:
I've been digging through some code in our FreeRTOS+LwIP-based platform where I see some of our code sitting above LwIP, running on its own thread, using LwIP timers for its own purposes.

That's not a valid thing to do any more. It was allowed in lwIP versions < 1.2.0 though, I think... However, the whole timeout implementation was broken then, as it could lead to reentering functions that were (and still are) not reentrant.

Simon