lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] PolarSSL -> mbed TLS

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] PolarSSL -> mbed TLS
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 23:54:43 +0100

Hi Simon,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 09:43:26PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I just wondered: now that PolarSSL has been bought by ARM and the successor,
> mbed TLS is available under a non-GPL license again (Apache): would it be
> worth moving to a newer version of the sources we use in PPP? Or are there
> no changes at all (or no changes worth making the change in our code)?

Last time I checked, the only change was const modifier added on input
data buffer. We are only using MD4, MD5, SHA1 hash functions and DES,
RC4 "cryptographic" functions, those things never changed for about 20
if not 30 years. I will check again, it does not hurt.

We can probably allow using ASL in lwIP, it reaches my limit at
understanding slight differences between licenses, from my opinion it's
as free as BSD.

Sylvain