lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #49662] UDP layer should filter incoming multicast dat

From: David van Moolenbroek
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #49662] UDP layer should filter incoming multicast datagrams against the bound IP address
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 20:38:15 -0000

The change makes sense to me. I'd just like to add a small informational note
regarding the patch's commit message, because I misunderstood the patch at
first: "Multicast traffic is now only received on a UDP PCB [..] when the PCB
is bound to IP_ADDR_ANY." - it should be, and I believe it still is, possible
to receive multicast traffic from a single multicast address by binding the
UDP socket to that multicast address (eg see RFC 3493 Sec. 5.2, very last
sentence). That is however a different kind of filtering than what was changed
here.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?49662>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/