lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8680] Add support for LwIP static route table

From: David van Moolenbroek
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8680] Add support for LwIP static route table
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 21:34:28 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #24, patch #8680 (project lwip):

Hmm.. wouldn't it then make more sense to make the hooks for local address
addition and deletion (ie the events happening), rather than specifically for
adding and deleting static routes (ie one use case for those hooks)?

For instance, yesterday I found out that when LWIP_IPV6_MLD is enabled, each
address addition also has to be accompanied by a join-group on the
corresponding solicited-node multicast group. For me it is relatively easy to
implement such things because I use my own wrapping code around the netif
calls anyway, but if I understand you correctly, it sounds like this could be
another application of such hooks in your case?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8680>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/