lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #49914] lwip_sendmsg uses PBUF_REF pbufs

From: David van Moolenbroek
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #49914] lwip_sendmsg uses PBUF_REF pbufs
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 16:32:21 +0000 (UTC)

Hm yes, I was suggesting a whole-chain copy because of Simon's earlier point
here: messing with next-pointers of an in-use chain is not necessarily
risk-free - in fact, I don't think it can be done safely for the
header=RAM,data=REF case without making assumptions about the way that, say,
udp_send() is used. So I'd say optimizing that part is probably not worth it,
given the likely small gain it would yield anyway. Of course the nice thing
about hiding this stuff behind an API is that it's easy to change later
anyway.. :)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?49914>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/