lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #50325] DNS local host list exported functions lack ve

From: Konstantin
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #50325] DNS local host list exported functions lack versatility
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 10:48:41 -0500 (EST)

Of course, the user program could implement its own list (with add, remove,
lookup and even TTLs), just using dns_local_addhost, when the user list grows,
and dns_local_removehost, when entry expire due to TTL.
But in my implementation this one seems more like waste of time writing
implementation (which is mostly already inside dns.c local list functions),
and waste of code and data memory as well as some CPU processing time (because
list and list operations are doubled), while published lookup would reduce the
job greatly.

Please, I would not want to be misunderstood, I may still use one solution or
another, and the whole topic is just a suggestion for the future versions,
which could make it easier for others. It is not critical / on fire.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?50325>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/