lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9350] Sockets API: use OS's sys/socket.h instead of

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9350] Sockets API: use OS's sys/socket.h instead of lwip/sock
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 14:51:32 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #9350 (project lwip):

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but your patch looks exactly how I imagined, it
seems to be just fitted to your needs to get it to compile.
This isn't meant offensive, I said before that I don't know where to draw the
line of what to override and what not (and how to do it).
While the SYS_SOCKET part is only a bit ugly (but I'd be OK with that), all
the other ifdefs are rather horrible. I know we already have some of them, but
it just looks strange.

Maybe we can move all the "sys/socket.h" definitions to a seperate file and
completely prevent including this lwip-sys-socket.h if you have your own?

Oh, and I'm fully aware of the problem in ip.h, I only haven't found a better
solution yet. However, using sys/socket.h defines in ip.h is completely
breaking layers! Includes should be the other way round (sockets including ip,
not ip including sockets).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9350>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/