lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9576] Adding authorization cookie management

From: Mike Kleshov
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9576] Adding authorization cookie management
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 06:42:40 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #10, patch #9576 (project lwip):

> IMHO sending password continuously (encrypted or not) in query string is a
bad thing. For example, query strings are saved in History or Bookmark from
your browser. You see the query string if you print the page.
That's not true. Requests come from javascript (XMLHttpRequest), so no
history, no bookmarks, no URI when printing. You'll have to use a sniffer or
fire up browser's debugger, but in this case a cookie is just as visible.
> This is my opinion and I hope you don't think I'm trying to push to apply my
patch.
Same here. I'm just trying to present arguments accurately.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9576>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/