lwip-members

[lwip-members] Newbie - LAN91C96 & mem_malloc

From: Lee Davies
Subject: [lwip-members] Newbie - LAN91C96 & mem_malloc
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:51:11 +0100

Hello,

I'm newbie to lwip, but from what I've seen it look a fairly mature stable
TCP/IP stack.

I've just started porting LWIP to a AMD186 device and I've noticed a couple
of functions that the user needs to write to support their particular
platform. I was wondering if someone could advice me on the following areas:

There are a few incomplete functions within ethernetif.c, where the user
places their ethernet device specific routines. Has anybody written code to
support the SMSC LAN91C96/91C94 ?

mem_malloc - I assume the user has to use their own or use the OS
equivalent. Unfortunately malloc isn't available on my platform has anybody
any ideas ?

Thanks,

Lee