lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] Is the newest 0.6.4 lwIP version stable and workable

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] Is the newest 0.6.4 lwIP version stable and workable about the BSD socket API?
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:17:01 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, anson wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>     I have used the lwIP 0.5.3 version in my embedded system. But it
> don't support fully function of BSD socket API. Now, I need select() and
> other feature to implement more complicated application. I find that the
> newest 0.6.4 version includes more BSD socket API. Does anyone have ever
> ported and used?
>     In the 0.5.3 lwip.pdf, Chapter 17 mentions that BSD socket API
> implementation is provided as a reference only, and in not intended for
> use in actual programs. really? If yes, that is too bad to me.

That was written a long time ago, and a lot of changes have been made to
the socket code since then.  I'm pretty sure that there are people using
it in actual programs, otherwise no one would have bothered to make those
changes.

The 0.6.4 version should be pretty stable.  I don't know of any major
changes that have been made recently, so give it a try and see if it's
good enough for you.  If not, you can always go back to 0.5.3

Kieran