lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: Desired - reference netconn_write()to external memory

From: Alan Lamphier
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: Desired - reference netconn_write()to external memory
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Çağlar AKYÜZ <address@hidden> writes:

> Then, I guess, you use SPI interface to transfer data from DataFlash to
> RAM. If this is the case I don't understand how you are going to
> transfer from Dataflash directly.

Yes, it would be SPI interface to the DataFlash.  It would not be a 'direct'
interface (sorry for the confusion) - the TCP handler would require
rewrite/additional code such that if it was passed a DataFlash address, it would
appropriately retrieve the data from DataFlash as needed.  I'm sure it could be
done, but most likely a big code change and it seems no gain for the trouble.

> Actually I think this will not improve the performance of MAC. Because
> ACK'ing of TCP frames is one of the major drawbacks which degrades
> performance ( thanks to Delayed ACK algorithm!). Secondly I agree with
> you. You should use NOCOPY option. Try to segment your buffer into 2,
> use one for Dataflash update while the other one is for MAC
> transmission. Then, change the pointers and so on.

Thank you for your ideas,
Alan