lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPPoS and ordinary Ethernet (not PPPoE) under FreeRTOS

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPPoS and ordinary Ethernet (not PPPoE) under FreeRTOS
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 17:56:13 +0200

While I can't help you with the PPPoS (or ppp at all), I can tell you that you have to take care of destroying tasks in the port: you have to cope with thread functions returning, lwIP doesn't delete threads. If threads have to be deleted before returning in your environment, you can solve this using a wrapper function around the task functions being called. In this wrapper function, when the task function returns, you can delete the thread.

Simon

Edward Harris wrote:
Hello all.

Has anyone had PPPoS and the normal Ethernet (not PPPoE) running under
LwIP at the same time? I seem to suffer corruption on my Ethernet
interface when I try this. If I turn off the PPPoS then the Ethernet
works fine.

Also, whilst looking at the PPPoS, it appears the pppmain function just
returns if it fails to connect, but under the system support I have
(FreeRTOS), this isn't the right thing to do as tasks should never
return. pppOverSerialOpen() creates a new thread that starts with the
pppmain function. Is this a bug, or have I misunderstood something here?

Thanks in advance

Edward Harris
Cyan Technology