lwip-users

[lwip-users] PPPoS and ordinary Ethernet (not PPPoE) under FreeRTOS

From: Edward Harris
Subject: [lwip-users] PPPoS and ordinary Ethernet (not PPPoE) under FreeRTOS
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 13:33:21 +0100

Hello all.

Has anyone had PPPoS and the normal Ethernet (not PPPoE) running under
LwIP at the same time? I seem to suffer corruption on my Ethernet
interface when I try this. If I turn off the PPPoS then the Ethernet
works fine.

Also, whilst looking at the PPPoS, it appears the pppmain function just
returns if it fails to connect, but under the system support I have
(FreeRTOS), this isn't the right thing to do as tasks should never
return. pppOverSerialOpen() creates a new thread that starts with the
pppmain function. Is this a bug, or have I misunderstood something here?

Thanks in advance

Edward Harris
Cyan Technology