lwip-users

[lwip-users] etharp_tmr(), ip_reass_tmr()...

From: Mats Randgaard
Subject: [lwip-users] etharp_tmr(), ip_reass_tmr()...
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 10:03:08 +0200

In our project we use lwIP to send UDP packets, and lwIP also handle ARP, ICMP, IP fragmentation... All example code and documentation I have read include a timer in the projects, but I have tested our design without timer, and it works fine. Do I have to include a timer in the project?

I have read that etharp_tmr() and ip_reass_tmr() must be called. Our system is working fine without, but will it crash later because we don't call the timer functions? Do we have to call them or do the Xilinx adapter functions call them? I have tried to read the source code for lwIP, and it seems like the timer functions are called only if NO_SYS = 0. Am I right? Are there other timer functions we have to call?

We use lwIP 1.3.0 on a MicroBlaze processor without OS on a Spartan 3A DSP 1800 FPGA.