lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Fw: problem in memp_alloc()

From: David Empson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Fw: problem in memp_alloc()
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:58:09 +1200

That LWIP_ERROR is checking that memp_malloc() was called with a valid memory type. It isn't related to MEMP_OVERFLOW_CHECK.

Whatever is calling memp_malloc() has specified an illegal value for the memory pool from which an allocation is to occur. Perhaps something is trying to call this function with the number of bytes to allocate? If so, the caller should use mem_malloc() instead.

You should be able to spot the problem if you can set a breakpoint on the LWIP_ERROR. What value is 'type' and who called memp_malloc() with the bogus argument?