lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem with NULL pcb->callback_arg

From: Baptiste Chaboud-crousaz
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with NULL pcb->callback_arg
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 15:41:47 +0200

Simon,

The code I sent the last time checked that the arg is not NULL. But this is a fix: in the version provided by contrib/ no check is done to ensure that arg is not NULL. In my case, if arg is NULL the next instructions: hcs = arg and hcs->retries++ consists in access a NULL pointer that raises an error (named hard fault exception - you access 0x0!!!!!!).

By checking that arg is not NULL the hard fault exception is avoided but it means that the HTTP server does not work as expected because http_sent is called to send data but nothing is done!

Baptiste