lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Reassemble fragmented TCP packets

From: Mike Kleshov
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Reassemble fragmented TCP packets
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:19:24 +0400

2009/8/27 Baptiste Chaboud-crousaz <address@hidden>:
> Nevertheless, lwip is not able to reassemble the both frames. As a result,
> my HTTP server receive it separetely: first frame = the header; second
> frame=the data. That 's not what it was expected!!!! I want lwip reassemble
> the both TCP segments before providing it the HTTP server.

That's not how lwip is designed to work. If you are using the raw API,
lwip passes data to your application in chunks, as they arrive. Your
application is responsible for interpreting the data, however small or
large the chunks may be.
In fact, the simple HTTP server in contrib is cheating here: it
expects the HTTP request to be contained in a single pbuf, which is
true most of the time. However, it is perfectly legal to send an HTTP
request in many small packets (with 1-byte payload each, in an extreme
case) and the simple HTTP server provided will fail to process such
request correctly. You can realize such scenario using a telnet client
to send an HTTP request: the telnet client sends data 1 byte at a time
as you type it.

Regards,
- mike