lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Reassemble fragmented TCP packets

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Reassemble fragmented TCP packets
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:20:06 +0200

Baptiste Chaboud-crousaz wrote:

I solved my issue by bringing some modifications to my HTTP server: by now my HTTP server is able to store the received TCP chunks until the request is complete. Once completed, the request is served.

That's a TODO for the httpd included in lwIP contrib...

The thing to bear in mind is that lwIP provides TCP chuncks to the application as soon as it have been received. Any applications must be aware of that feature!

Just so you know, it's the same with the socket API of windows or linux: it's not guaranteed that you get as much data as you request in the len parameter. The recv() call may return as much data as is available: if only the first packet of a splitted request is received, you will get that instead of the full request! lwIP is not different in this case.

Simon