lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP not sending initial ACK

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP not sending initial ACK
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:26:12 +0200

JM wrote:
There isn't much out there that describes these settings in good detail. However, TCP_MSS is simply the maximum amount of data that lwIP will Rx/Tx per packet. This is data payload only, not including headers, etc. I believe anything over 1460 is not possible since this is the maximum allowed (if I'm wrong someone please correct this).

With an MTU of 1500 (correct for ethernet), the maximum TCP_MSS is 1460 (MTU - headers), but that can change with the MTU!
I don't believe it has to be a power of 2.

No, it doesn't have to be.

Simon