lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP not sending initial ACK

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP not sending initial ACK
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:12:44 +0200

Chuck Kuecker wrote:
I've got TCP_WND and TCP_MSS set to 1200. This seems to give the best
communications. Setting TCP_WND 2048 and TCP_MSS to 1500 worked for
TCP_MSS > 1460 in conjuction with ethernet is *not* a good idea as it will result in IP fragmentation! The MTU on ethernet is 1500, substracting IP- and TCP-headers from that results in a TCP_MSS of 1460. Normally, TCP_MSS=1460 and TCP_WND=2920 should result in good throughput.

I'll try to have a look at the pcap this week - although I don't have that much time at the moment.
Speed and throughput are secondary to accuracy for this product.
That's of course true, but without bugs, lwIP should achieve accuracy at any speed and throughput.

Simon