lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to force dup ACK

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to force dup ACK
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:14:17 +0100

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 18:06 +0800, yueyue papa wrote:
> The problem is easy to meet in  larger TSS 1460, but with 512 TSS , I
> could see the send/receive is very stable.

The likely reason for this is that with a smaller MSS you have more
segments per window, and because we ACK every other segment you have
more ACKs per window, and so the effect of any one ACK being lost is
diminished - you'll probably receive another one soon after the lost one
and so be able to carry on as ACKs are cumulative.

> Kieran, could you guild me to add code for force send duplicate ACK

No, this is not the right solution.

Kieran