lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 80, Issue 34

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 80, Issue 34
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:07:26 +0200

Douglas Atique wrote:
> In fact, I want to *be* the PPP server. Someone will connect to my program
> through the serial port/modem and start a PPP link. I cannot rely on
> kernel
> level software. My implementation must be all in userland.

As long as the other end is not running windows, that should be fine. If it is,
you *might* run into trouble but it should still work somehow...

> BTW, I found no contrib-1.3.2 tarball in the downloads page. Should I use
> contrib-1.3.0 with lwip-1.3.2 instead? Or should I check out the CVS HEAD
> be sure?

contrib-1.3.0 should be OK: we didn't release a tarball of contrib-1.3.2 as
there were no significant changes in contrib between 1.3.0 and 1.3.2, I think.
CVS HEAD contrib will not compile against lwip 1.3.2.

> How do I build for Linux BTW? contrib/ports/unix seems to have no
> configure
> or makefiles... What did I miss?

You missed the subdirectory'proj/unixsim' where there is a makefile and a file
containing an example 'main' routine.

Simon