lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to fix an IP address with DHCP while being recogniz

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to fix an IP address with DHCP while being recognized with the routers?
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 16:03:35 +0200

 "toto.conseil" <address@hidden> wrote:

> In fact if I use a program without DHCP, it's good but my router don't see
> the card in
> the network whereas the card is accessible by my PC.

By 'card', do you mean the lwIP device? And what do you exactly mean with "the
router don't see" that card? Do you have a small broadband router an wonder why
it doesn't list the lwIP device under it's active network devices in it's web
server? If so, that's probably a limitation of the router (in that it only
shows the DHCP addresses which it assigned to devices) and there's probably
nothing you can do about it.

> So I need use a DHCP program. The problem is that with this program, IP
> address is
> assigned by a router.
>
> Me I want to fix IP address for to know this address because I will use this
> IP
> address at a distance.

I don't know why you need the router to "see" the device (if I understood you
correctly, see above). As long as you've got the routes set up correctly (or
for a broadband connection at home, set up NAT or port-forwarding correctly),
the router should just pass on packets, no mater if it "sees" a device or not.

Calling dhcp_inform() will probably not help you there and doesn't sound like
the correct thing to do...

Simon