lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Stack Cleaning

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Stack Cleaning
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 08:50:29 +0100

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 13:07 +0800, Steven Woody wrote:

> If my system used the stack for a while, then it detected that
> physical link has been somehow broken.  The it need to reestablish the
> link and begin to rerun lwip again.  Before the link was broken, there
> might be some active tcp/udp connection opened, so I was expecting
> there were some tear down functions provided, but I did not find it at
> the end.  Hence I want to ask, what is suggested method to clear lwip
> in my case?

TCP and UDP connections should survive a physical link going down and
back up again.  If the routing has changed as a result of the link
flapping then the TCP and UDP connections should discover this when
they're next active (and probably get reset, or just time out).  I.e.
there shouldn't be anything for you to do, the stack should just sort
itself out.

Kieran