lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP stops responding on Ping and HTTP calls from a bro

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP stops responding on Ping and HTTP calls from a browser
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:23:19 +0100

On Fri, 2011-04-22 at 10:52 +0200, Ruben van der Kraan wrote:

> After a boot of the software everything works ok. I can Ping, acces
> the webserver pages, open the telnet server.
> But at a point the websever and ping stop working. In wireshark i see
> my PC sending request to the embedded device
> a STM32F217 but the stack does not send a respons.

Such problems almost always turn out to be a bug in the port or
application where they're violating lwIP's threading constraints,
resulting in more than one thread active in lwIP at one time, and so
corruption of some state which leads something to get stuck in an
infinite loop and the sort of problems you describe.

Kieran