lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Custom memory management

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Custom memory management
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 12:35:05 -0400

>Can someone explain how to make lwip happy with this buffer
>management model, without using memcpy, i.e. having lwip
>deal directly with the buffers from TX pool and RX pool?

>I've come up with a slightly hackish solution to deal with
>receiving, but I don't see how to make sending work?

I handle this TX problem by storing the last sent pbuf in the ethernetif
structure, which is NULL at first.  When I get the next TX interrupt and
this last pbuf pointer isn't NULL, I pbuf_free it.  Then of course the one
I'm sending becomes the new previous one.  This works because I know when I
get the next TX interrupt the previous TX pbuf has to have been completely
sent.

Bill