lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Stable release with IPv6 support

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Stable release with IPv6 support
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:43:29 +0200

Omer Ilany <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm currently using version 1.4.0 in a project I'm working on and I was
> wondering if IPv6 support (dual stack, as in the master branch) is going
> to be integrated soon into future stable releases.
> Can you provide any information regarding what is the next stable version
> supporting IPv6 and when is it expected?

The next release will most probably be 1.4.1 - a pure bugfix release from
1.4.0. I'd expect to finish bug fixing during November, so I expect it to be
released this year.

For now, we planned to release the IPv6 code (i.e. the current master code) as
1.5.0 and I'd like to get a beta out around the same time as the 1.4.1 release.

> Do you have any experience with that code? Was it tested against standard
> linux/windows stacks?

Although the code runs pretty stable in my tests, we (in our company) haven't
done any IPv6 tests. Also, I don't expect too many users currently used it as
it's available via git only - that's the reason I'd like to provide a beta
downloadable as ZIP.

Simon