lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Being notified of an address conflict when setting addr

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Being notified of an address conflict when setting address manually
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 10:09:21 +0200

Mason <address@hidden> wrote:
> If I understand correctly, you're saying that nothing should be
> done either to detect the address conflict in the stack?

I think the best solution would be to detect an address conflict but to let the
user react on it: after all, the assignment has been manually - in that case, I
don't think we should automatically disable a netif. Providing a callback for
an "application" to react on it should be fine - you can then react on this
duplicate address notification by setting the netif down (and possibly inform
the user through a display or LED).

Simon