lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP crash

From: Anil kumar
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP crash
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:28:43 +0530

Hi Simon,

My problem looks similar to what he is facing. He has generalized the issue.
In our implementations it looks like tcpip_thread is accessing the stack of application thread.

I tried printing the dataptr value before every tcp_write call in do_writemore function. It is always the same till the crash. I don't think it is an issue of corrupted memory/pointers.

Thanks,
Anil

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
Anil kumar wrote:
> Yes, i am using lwip with LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING=1.
>
> How to use the default one, is it the same code base with different
> options
> or is it completely a different code base?

It's a compile-time option only.

> Regarding the crash, i am getting kernel oops with the message "unable to
> handle kernel paging request at virtual address xxx".  xxx is the address
> of the data (dataptr).

Could it be that you have stumbled accross the same problem as Artem Pisarenko two weeks ago (see this thread: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2012-08/msg00143.html)?

His problem was that his implementation of lwIP threads did not allow different threads to access other thread's memory, which is normally not the case for threads (e.g. for pthreads), only for processes and lwIP is not designed for this.

It could, however, also be that the pointer just got invalid by corrupted memory?

Simon