lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip building on different platforms

From: Conover John
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip building on different platforms
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:59:14 -0400

Thanks Marty,

                I’ve been doing embedded systems for 20 years so the difficulty is not in understanding the

design of the functional code, but of the build interdependencies.  The lack of documentation in

this area makes it very frustrating trying to use other parts of lwip. The wiki has some very good

information, but what it (and every other place I’ve looked) does not have is a detailed description

of the layout and how some .h files reference other files within the directory tree. This is a condition

of having to support multiple hardware platforms but it does not make it any easier to use (at least

for me.)

                The contirbs area has a lot of great stack examples, but again no make files to help me. It

looks like the lwIP_Demo_Rowley_ARM7 has a make file that I should be able to use.

Thanks for the help!

John C.