lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] RIP and OSPF support

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] RIP and OSPF support
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 15:46:27 -0300

There is a thread on a guy needing something like source routing last
month, in which Simon discussed some hooks to provide routing.
As far as I can see, you are better off using embedded Linux. Even
though nothing forbids you from runnig RIP or OSPF on top of lwIP and
build a routing table and routing hooks, my (probably educated) guess is
that the amount of resources you'll need to run the Dijkstra algorithm
in OSPF (which depends on the size of the visible network) will probably
justify the usage of something closer to a full-blown OS.