lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Stability of master branch code

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Stability of master branch code
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 21:25:58 +0200

Robert Deschambault wrote:
Was there anything else you would like me to try? I have confirmed that I am freeing the pbuf in our code.

While I have forgotton to answer (sorry for that), I really can't tell what to check next. When the MEMP_TCPIP_MSG_INPKT pool is empty, it should get filled again in tcpip_thread. This could either mean your sys_mbox implementation has a problem (e.g. the mbox is full but your sys_mbox_trypost() still returns ERR_OK), or tcpip_thread fails to pull these messages from the mbox (e.g. it doesn't run any more, this could just be a higher thread blocking it or stack overflow making it jump to invalid code but your netif ISR still works).

Maybe you should check why you can't access your device to see the stats counters. There could be more problems than just the MEMP_TCPIP_MSG_INPKT pool being empty (which is a rather normal thing on RX overload).

Simon