lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] SNMP, Malformed Packet

From: nrichard
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] SNMP, Malformed Packet
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 08:50:15 -0700 (MST)

Patrick Klos-2 wrote
> The SNMP response packet really only have one problem that I can see.
> The community string 'public' is being included in the response, but
> it's length field is incorrect (01 instead of 06). That throws off the
> rest of the packet (which seems to parse fine once you fix the community
> string length).
>
> You'll have to check the code to see why the community string length is
> wrong?
>
> Patrick Klos
> Klos Technologies, Inc.

I noticed that as well, in the malformed packets it says the community is
only "p".  The length is set correctly.  I actually think it's getting
interrupted somehow.  I used a different SNMP client on my PC and when I do
a get-next, it actually responds with something longer! From what I can see
in Wireshark that is.  The response packet in Wireshark starts to show some
of the data that I want, but gets cut off.  As for why a change of client
would do something like that, I'm not sure.