lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Binary file upload chrashes the program (lwip 1.4.1)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Binary file upload chrashes the program (lwip 1.4.1)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:53:35 +0100

Coming back to the 2nd mail of this thread:

Vass Szabolcs:
The problem is that my project is very large and complex so I wouldn't
like to exchange my lwip libraries.

So here's a problem in lwIP (or the handling of lwIP rather) and you don't want to use a fixed version...

In my project I need to modify in the lwip function to work properly the
binary upload, and some other features.

So please help me where I can find the solution within this stack?

That being said ("modify".. whatever), I just can say: not me! How could I possible tell what's going wrong if I don't know what's running on your side? I wouldn't want to start telling you what it could be if you're running a modified version that I don't know!

That being said, I have plans of getting lwIP to run no-OS on my ETH-enabled STM32F429I-DISCO which shouldn't be too much different from the F407. Well, ST has the annyoing problem that sometimes the libraries for different processors are too different (in my opinion), but the F407 and the F427 should be OK.

However, I'll try to do it the standard ST (cube) way then and report problems back to ST instead of "modify[ing] in the lwip function" (whatever that means).

Cheers,
Simon