lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX sys_mbox_free ex

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX sys_mbox_free example
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 16:42:35 +0100

Kellar, Christopher wrote:
> Second, I am glad to hear that this is being reported. I was thinking that I
> was doing something odd.

Well, it wasn't actually being reported. That was me adding a bug to remember
to fix it before release...
I don't know how widely use full-duplex is.

> I am running lwIP and really am in need of full duplex mode. The reason for
> this is because on top of
> lwIP I am running a RabbitMq client which really requires a full duplex
> solution to have high bandwidth.

I'd doubt that. The STM32 only has a single core and you'd be better off using
the available processor
cycles in a single thread (via select) than sharing it between multiple threads.

I don't know RabbitMq can handle this, though.

> I am running a similar RabbitMq client in full duplex on CentOS.
>
> I will continue to investigate and try to find a solution. Do you think that
> a solution on your end is on the horizon?

Well, since there's no pressure behind this (and noone pays me for that
full-duplex thing), I really
can't tell.

Simon