lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: How to compile telnet into lynx32?

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: How to compile telnet into lynx32?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 21:27:30 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Darrell Shandrow wrote:

> How to compile telnet into lynx32?

There is a large misconception that Lynx actually has its own Telnet -- it
does not.  It spawns the default system telnet.  The last Win32 lynx I
uploaded should be able to do this although it is quite dissapointing to
Windows users.

> I just want to be able to get a smooth terminal emulation where the
> scrolling text is spoken.

Since you didn't mind using Netscape or IE, I am assuming you don't
exactly care if your application is graphical or not.  I use QVT/Term
(until such time as a competent Win32 console telnet comes around).  I
have found it bearable.

Wayne

;
;