lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: How to compile telnet into lynx32?

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: How to compile telnet into lynx32?
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:48:03 +0900 (JST)

> There are also a ton of freeware GUI telnet clients, but there is a big
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Does a `GUI telnet client' allow one to evoke a helper application like
xli from Lynx and then be able to view that image on a REMOTE terminal,
i.e., can I login to a provider via telnet and use xli on their machine
to view an image?  If so, could you mention the names of one or two good
ones out of that ton?  (And where they can be downloaded?)  Especially
interested in one which will run on old MS-DOS (ca. 3.1 [not Windows,
ms-dos]), but I'll settle for a Windows one.

> desire for text mode applications in Win95 and NT.  Maybe someday there

TeraTerm, mentioned the other day, (ftp.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/PC/terminal/teraterm)
runs on Win95, and is pretty slick.

__Henry
;
;