lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Userdefs.h and Lynx.cfg consolidation

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Userdefs.h and Lynx.cfg consolidation
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 01:04:34 -0500 (EST)

970305 Roger Hill wrote:
> One of the projects I have been contemplating is the consolidation of
> userdefs.h and lynx.cfg.  By this I mean that there are many options in
> userdefs that "can be overridden in lynx.cfg".  That being so, then to my
> mind there is no point in setting them in userdefs.

<snip>

> Any thoughts or comments welcome.

i know others have replied variously: may i repeat my previous request?
i'm not a sysadmin & install Lynx for my own use only in my own directory.
most of the  > 1000  lines in the 2 files are irrelevant to users like me:
eg security, anonymous users, directory editing.

could userdefs & cfg be arranged to present FIRST those options
which everyone must decide on -- eg numbered links -- ,
and THEN go on to those which concern sysadmins installing Lynx
on a multi-user system?

;