lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Rules!

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Rules!
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 07:15:14 -0500 (EST)

> > The power of Lynx in a windowing environment, be it X or W95, is very
> > impressive! Thanks again UKans, Fote, Wayne, and all the others who contr
>
> Okay, you conned me into swallowing my pride.  What steps does one
> take to get an `X windowing environment' going on Unix?  I've been
> struggling with Jim's helpful hint, `Don't you have the cart before
> the horse', but I can't seem to find my horse.  I have xterm-36,
> which Tom Dickey recommended, but I don't know what it's for; the
> reins?  Off the list is welcome.  OTOH, there may be other interested
> parties.
"xterm" is an X Window application that acts as a terminal emulator.
(so it's the cart, I suppose, or wheels).  The main advantage of Lynx in
an X environment is that you can spawn processes from Lynx that are
graphics (you can also resize the xterm window, unlike a console application ;-)

how to set up - that probably should be off the list.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden